gelato fiasco: the misleading


-- चार हजार एक सौ और सत्तर-चार --

Another evening at home alone last night. Shobhit worked until 9:45 and got home around 10:00, and I had just gotten into bed -- was even nearly asleep. I had been trying to watch a Netflix comedy special for a bit but I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Before that, after reheating two of the last five samosas it'll be months and months before Shobhit makes again, I just watched TV. This Is Us and Great News. I'm about to give up on the former, to tell you the truth. They're just dragging out the same stories over and over again, and manufacturing plot twists like they did all last season. I like the characters, though.

I have a couple scratches on my right wrist because of when Guru started vomiting, or making his horrible yowling sounds I now easily identify as "I'm about to puke!" -- and I picked him up and rushed to hold him over the litter box. He doesn't like it when I do this. Well, I don't like constantly have to clean his puke off the carpet. At least if he pukes into the litter it clumps like urine does and I can just scoop it out. It would be great if I could just train those cats to go to the litter box to puke every time. I mean, humans puke where they shit too. Those cats could learn a thing or two if they just paid attention.

I weighed in at 148.1 lbs for the third day in a row this morning. Again it was a relief: I had sample gelato at work yesterday afternoon. I had made fun of it because it's got this ridiculous name: "Gelato Fiasco." I wrote back to the broker that I want to see a separate line called Ice Cream Catastrophe. Then Noah emailed back that there were samples in the freezer and to check them out because he agreed with the broker that they were very tasty.

They weren't wrong.

-- चार हजार एक सौ और सत्तर-चार --


-- चार हजार एक सौ और सत्तर-चार --

We're supposed to have rain this weekend, and I welcome it. It's been sunny and warm-ish all week -- nothing unseasonal, and I like being able to ride my bike to and from work, so I haven't really complained about it. I still appreciate being able to eat lunch out on the patio, which will not last much longer.

I left home earlier than usual this morning, 6:50, and it was still pretty dark. I actually turned on my helmet headlight, although it hardly made any difference since I was going down streets with plenty street lights that provided way more light than my helmet light did. It's still nice to have it handy. Mornings are consistently below 50° now. Once it gets closer to 40° I'm not going to want to ride, even if it's dry. I don't want my fingers to go numb from all the cold air rushing against them. Or my face.

I just ate my lunch today in the kitchen, but not out on the patio. It was dry and sunny, but I checked the weather and it was still only 59°. So I sat next to Noah at the long table in the middle of the dining area. At least I still had the view of Puget Sound through the windows, which was why I ate over there instead of at my desk. The high today is only forecast to be 62° -- only one degree below normal for today's date -- and that'll be pretty close to perfect for cycling without my jacket on my way home after work.

-- चार हजार एक सौ और सत्तर-चार --

[posted 12.15 pm]