road to recovery


-- चार हजार दो सौ और अठानवे --

I don't have much more to tell you today than I did yesterday, when I stayed home sick from work. Oh that reminds me, I should put the PTO for the day into my timesheet now.


. . . . Okay, done. Anyway! The only thing today's entry will have notably more of than yesterday's is . . . pictures.

I spent pretty much the whole day yesterday either sleeping or watching TV. I watched a few Netflix comedy specials. Shobhit's shift was originally 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., and I expected him home around 4:00. But then he texted me just after 4:00 that he was now working until 8:00. I slept all through the morning, and was awake most of the rest of the day, but I did lay back down in bed and lightly snooze for just a bit around 4:30 or so.

Shobhit got home not long after 8:00, by which time I was getting tired again. That didn't stop us from making chai, or watching three episodes of season 7 of Roseanne. I did not realize Roseanne the actor was actually pregnant at the time, which much more easily explains Roseanne the character getting pregnant with a fourth child, twelve years after their third. All three of these episodes were clearly tailored around Roseann Barr's unavailability due to pregnancy: no acting part at all in the first, save for a credits sequence about where babies come from - the one episode the entire series this happened, according to -- and then two "flashback" episodes. The second of those latter two was actually pretty fun, with several famous TV moms from decades past coming to visit Roseanne on set.

I took a dose of NyQuil before going to bed right around 10:00, and that about sums up my day yesterday.

-- चार हजार दो सौ और अठानवे --


-- चार हजार दो सौ और अठानवे --

I'm hardly back to 100% today, but I do feel far better than yesterday. Shobhit nagged me to bus all the way to work today instead of biking or doing any walking, and I didn't pay it much mind -- if I caught the #11 downtown like I usually try to do, whether I walked the rest of the way would depend entirely on how quickly the next bus would arrive northbound on 3rd Avenue at Pine. If it was even a five minute wait, I would do just as well walking. The point was rendered moot when the #11 was just missed when I finally got to the ground floor, though, and so I rushed over to John and 15th to catch the #8, which actually does go all the way, sort of -- I really had to hustle to catch it, though, as I only had six minutes, and I barely made it. I was really out of breath when I got on that bus, and my body would have been treated far more tenderly if I had just been able to walk half the distance like normal.

The #8 stop near my office is further away than it used to be due to construction, by a couple of blocks, but it's not a huge deal. I got about ten pages of my library book read along the way.

Now I am only intermittently congested, and intermittently coughing. Clearly that's just the next phase in a cold I've caught this week, and I guess it's just more common in my later years for colds to start with at day that kind of knocks me on my ass. Fun! The hope now is that the congestion and coughing is better tomorrow as opposed to worse. Either way, I'll be working.

-- चार हजार दो सौ और अठानवे --


[posted 12:23 pm]